5.11.2008

Egg Abortion: Seeing Sideways

My professor for my Seeing Sideways class gave me an egg to do anything I want with it.

I hate eggs. Why do I hate eggs? That is the question I asked myself.

When I was younger I would eat eggs. However, I quit eating them when I found out that eggs were unfertilized chickens. So every time I would eat an egg, I felt that I was eating a baby chicken. For some reason that thought would just bug me. I don’t eat eggs anymore.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m no vegetarian (but I have tried it). I will eat foods that have eggs cooked inside (like cake). However, straight eggs are a no go with me.

After thinking about why I hate eggs, I started to think about the task at hand. What should I do with this egg? What, in my mind, relates to this egg? I came up with this:

Eggs are like aborted fetuses. Both are stopped before they are fertilized.

Side Note: I don’t have a very strong opinion on abortion since I am a man.

My Egg Quest

I wanted to have my egg be an advocate against eating babies. I got him a sign so he could picket outside an abortion clinic. I thought that it would be really hard to find an abortion clinic, however, it was easy. For a joke, I looked it up in the yellow book. It was that easy. To my surprise, there was one down the street from my work. I took my egg to the abortion clinic and he made his statement.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home