6.09.2008

Theme Ending Up Sideways

My theme that I have been thinking about a lot of lately is Rotoscoping.

I really enjoy seeing live video look like animation. Like in the movie, "A Scanner Darkly". Along with, "A Scanner Darkly", a movie came out that was made by the same people called, "Waking Life". Both of these movies use rotoscoping to outline areas to put their own art style in. 

This is a project that will take me a while. I plan on finishing it by the end of the summer. However, I would like to share with you what I want to do with Rotoscoping.
What I want to do is make a 2 - 3 min rotoscoped animation that has a beginning, middle, and end. I have come up with my story and I'm working with a friend who is creating a song for it.
How I'm going to do it is by taking live video and editing it to the way I want to see it flow in the animation. I will then export the video out as pictures and take them into photoshop or flash. At this point I will put the pictures through a process to create a style just like they did in these examples.





Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim Borek said...

I love this stuff! Let me know how it goes or if you need help with anything.

June 11, 2008 at 12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

November 10, 2008 at 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home